Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Comfort and Cuteness - Match Made in Heaven

I don't have a before picture of this one for you guys. I know. I'm so sorry. I did this refashion a long time ago, before I even considered adding them to my shop. 

But let me paint ya a mental picture:
She was just this really long tent like skirt. It could have been very cute as a maxi, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be a maxi skirt. I'm only 5 foot tall, and it just barely grazed my ankles. Now, if a normal sized human wore it that long, it would just be extremely awkward looking. You dig? So I chopped off a lot of inches, folded over and sewed a new rolled shirt hem to finish her off. I also took it in quite a bit by removing the button on the inside of that waistband and resewing it further in. 

The pleats make this beauty so twirl-able. Is that a word? It is now!




In the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment